English / European Football Seasons Performance Comparison: 2019-20 & 2020-21
How do the 2020-21 season English / European football performance results compare to the 2019-20 season?
Did COVID-19 affect the results?
The following figures show the distribution of Nordic, hip adduction, and countermovement jump (CMJ) results in the 2019-20 and 2020-21 seasons.
In 2020, the English football leagues were suspended for over three months. Similar interruptions were seen in leagues across Europe. Despite the impact of the global pandemic on the 2019-20 season, the following figures suggest no large differences in key Nordic, hip adduction, and CMJ results between last season and the most recent season.
Physical Performance Results
- Most common test during the 2020-21 season.
- Over 24,000 Nordic tests were conducted.
- The median test result was 414 N.
Hip Adduction Force
- Over 11,000 hip adduction tests (at 45 and 60 degrees of hip flexion) were conducted during the 2020-21 season.
- The median result was 422 N.
- The most common hip adduction test position was with 45 degrees of hip flexion.
CMJ Concentric Peak Power
- Over 17,000 CMJ tests were conducted during the 2020-21 season using VALD’s ForceDecks.
- The median relative concentric peak power result was 55 W/kg.
📚 See more VALD Performance Data Reports:
AFLW Normative Data: Nordic, Hip Adduction and CMJ Results
Female Professional Athletes: Nordic and Hip Ad/Ab Results
National Football League (NFL) CMJ Results
European Football Report Season 2019-20: Nordic Strength
European Football Report Season 2019-20: Hip Adductor Strength